Friday, April 24, 2009

Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza


We tried a new recipe this evening that I thought I would share....I found it in People magazine. You could use leftover spaghetti meat instead of fresh ingredients.


one pound ground beef

1 jar of Ragu

1 package of frozen broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1 can refrigerated pizza dough


Brown ground beef, drain. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Ragu and bring to a boil. Turn inot 2 quart baking dish. Top with broccoli, then cheese. Press dough over dish, sealing the edges. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes. We made this for supper while watching the snow fall outside!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I saw the same type of recipe with spinach instead of broccoli, it would be hard to convince my kids to eat the "green" part, no matter what vegetable it is! It looked good to me, so I may try it anyway.
Shelly

Laurie said...

That looks very yummy and easy. Will have to try it! Thanks for sharing.