Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Classic Grandpa!
Hello from Rapid City! I am here attending a weekend workshop on "Reclaiming

Youth." I am very excited because Temple Grandin is one of the presenters! Courtney and I watched the HBO show about her life. Temple is a person with Autism who has gone on to be very successful. Courtney told me to get my picture taken with her, so I'll see what I can do;)

Today my Grandpa Bart would have celebrated his 100th birthday. He passed away eight years ago, and I miss him very much. He told great stories and was always fun to be around. Whenever I smell or see cigars, I think of Grandpa!

Have a great weekend everyone:)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Jen! I got your text picture with Temple Grandin! I'm so glad Courtney told you to do it! Very cool! She is an amazing woman. I saved her HBO movie and plan to have a movie night with co-workers who haven't seen it. I heard her speak at St. Thomas about 15 years ago. She has wonderful insight to people and animals. See you this weekend!

Laurie said...

Grandpa Bart-100 years-thanks for posting that. We miss him too. He was such an interesting man and had a great mind til the end. We think of him often.

Laurie said...

Vegas and Prohibition remind me of Grandpa Bart. Also sitting by him at family dinners, you never knew what stories he would tell.