Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Day for Celebration...

The Graduates

Kelsey, Me, Courtney, Mom and Dad

The Happy Family



My advisor, Dr. Sweeney, the girls and me!





The Hooding Ceremony




Saturday was very memorable day for me. I participated in the hooding ceremony and received my diploma from USD. I am officially, Dr. Jen Heath. It was a very nice ceremony and I'm very happy mom and dad were able to attend. After the ceremony, we traveled to Sioux Falls for lunch with Tim, Deb, Tyler, Rachel, Mike, Mom, Dad, Jim, Shelly and Miranda. Tyler graduated from SDSU in Brookings yesterday, so we celebrated together. We had a wonderful catered meal. The weather reports did not sound very good, so we left a little earlier than originally planned. When we got back to Sisseton, we decided to celebrate with our friends, the Hagen's at the local restaurant. I had no idea, but Eric had planned a surprise party for me and although some of our friends could not make it due to the weather-we had a very nice time. It was truly a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive family and great friends. I could not have reached my goal without all of their words of encouragement and understanding.


We did not have church today due to the weather, so the Christmas program has been moved to next week. Our school has already called off for tomorrow, we'll have to wait and see if the girls have school or not. Take care everyone and stay warm!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jen! Sorry we couldn't make it! Hope you had a great time. We'll have to catch up with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Dr. Heath....what a great accomplishment! The best of luck to you as you adapt to life without completing college course work....what will you do with all that time :)

Val