Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Courtney's Story and Skittles....

Skittles....
Courtney with a few pages from her book...

Courtney's school is sponsoring a young writers contest. She decided to write about her Auntie Laurie and the book turned out to be very cute. She is a very good artist so the pictures are great. There is a possibility of sending her book in for submission to the National Reading Rainbow Contest. Here is the text of her story....


"My Auntie Laurie is the best, most creative woman I have ever known. She is great with kids like me. She's so kind and she doesn't just want you to watch TV all day. When I was at her house one time, we got a piece of paper and wrote down all the stuff that me and my little sister Kelsey wanted to do. It was as much fun as I dreamed it would be. My Auntie Laurie has just wonderful talent and I will tell you them all. She likes to make art projects which are just beautiful and she likes cooking every meal. We eat it all. Oh, and guess what...she's a teacher too! There was someone from her class that came to my friend's house and she told me that my Auntie Laurie was the funnest person that she ever met because she put their work into fun." I wish you could see the illustrations there is a lot of detail in her drawings.


The other photo shows our cat Skittles taking a snooze on my laptop (this would make a great topic for a story)! We haven't been letting him go outside as much as he'd like...we've been hearing a few coyotes near our house and want to keep him safe.


We hope you are all having a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Great writing, Courtney! I liked it very much. It was interesting and I could see Laurie having fun with you and Kelsey.What did you do today with your day off? we got out at 10:30. Looks like the storm is over.Am very proud of you!

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh-that is so precious! Thank you Courtney for writing such a nice story about me. Jen, if you could make a color copy of her story before you send it in and the picture too, that would mean a lot to me, something i would always treasure.
I sent some pictures in the mail, maybe you will get them by Saturday.
Thank you for such a sweet post!

Laurie said...

Definitely do not leave Skittles out unless you are out. That would be so sad if the coyotes got him. We think they got Max. Never at night for sure.