Wednesday, January 21, 2009

St. Louis

This is what my room looks like.....

Here is a picture of my hotel...

Hello from St. Louis. I am here until Saturday for a reading conference. Mindy, Karen, Jenn and I flew from Fargo to Denver yesterday. The weather in Denver was 66 degrees and the weather here is nice as well (55 degrees). Our hotel is across the street from the Arch. Tonight we attended "Legally Blonde," at The Fox Theatre, which was excellent! Our speaker today was Dr. Reid Lyon who has done extensive research in reading, including the National Institute of Health's report and National Reading Panel, which I cited in my dissertation. It was an honor and priviledge to meet him-we hade our picture taken with him as well, which I will post later. Have a good week everyone!




Happy Anniversary Ted and Pam!!

4 comments:

Basil Knebel said...

Definitely missing you three up here! Hope the Conference goes well.

jen said...

Hi Basil!
There's actually four of us here....Karen, Jenn, Mindy and me. Thanks and we'll see you on Monday:)

Sheila said...

Awesome! Wish I was there! We could visit my old stomping grounds, the Central West End. I didn't get downtown much. Union Station has some great shopping, so does the city centre. Hope you learn a lot!

Basil Knebel said...

ok ok so I can't count! (Comforts you that I teach math classes, huh?) Thats okay, there are three kinds of people in this world- those who can count, and those who can't. (haha)

See you next week!